Nothing says 4th of July like a red, white, and blue dessert. And berries (somehow) always play a part. This twist on the classic whipped cream parfait brings out the benefits of the berries (a powerful dose of antioxidants) without the extra fat and sugar. Enjoy as vanilla-sweetened Greek yogurt throws the classic whipped cream off stage.
Red White and Blue Parfait
Makes 6 Servings
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups pitted cherries, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
What to Do:
- In a small bowl, mix together raspberries, cherries, and blueberries with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix yogurt, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- In 6 small glasses (or mason jars for easy transport!) layer ½ cup fruit mixture, followed by ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup fruit, and another ½ cup yogurt. Top with a sprig of mint, a few blueberries, or lemon zest. Enjoy!