Stop Your Sugar Cravings and Burn Calories with This DIY Peppermint Oil
You might have sugar addiction without even knowing. This is because refined sugar is very addictive, and it’s included in almost every processed food you consume. Even scientists have proven that sugar can affect our brain and create addiction just like drugs.
Just like any other addiction, this “sweet” addiction is hard to break. This applies especially to people whose digestive tract and overall body is overwhelmed with yeast, parasites, candida, and sugar-loving bacteria.
The first thing to do to break this habit and stop your sugar cravings is a body detox.
Luckily, researchers claim that using a peppermint essential oil can help you break your unhealthy sugar addiction.
Alan Hirsch MD conducted a study which proved that inhaling peppermint affects the satiety center in the ventromedial nuclei located in the hypothalamus. In other words, inhaling this oil will help you stay full for longer, thus stopping your food and sugar cravings.
Peppermint Essential Oil Therapeutic Benefits
Peppermint is native to Europe and the Middle East but grown in many other regions around the Planet. It’s a hybrid mint, a cross between spearmint and watermint. There’s a good reason why peppermint essential oil is one of the most popular oils in the world.
It offers many therapeutic benefits, like relieving irritable bowel syndrome and ingestion, reducing tuberculosis-induced inflammation, removing phlegm, and treating nervous disorders. Moreover, it prevents asthma, manages stress, and reduces herpes infections.
How to Make Peppermint Oil
What You Need
- A glass jar with a tight lid
- Fresh peppermint leaves (available in supermarkets and health food stores)
- Olive oil or other carrier oil
Chop or crush the peppermint leaves after washing them well. Place them in the jar and add olive oil. Seal and let it stay for 24 hours. After this period, strain the mixture and add more of the ingredients. Seal the jar and let it stay for another 24 hours.
Do this procedure for five days, and then strain the mixture. Transfer the oil into a clean container and store it in a cool place.
How to Use It
You can diffuse or inhale the oil whenever you feel sugar craving. Also, you can combine few drops of it with 2-3 drops of carrier oil such as coconut oil, and rub it on your temples, wrists, feet, or abdomen.
Other Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Relieves gas and bloating
- Relieves headaches
- Supports proper respiratory function
- Used in many oral health products
- Supports digestive health
- Relieves upset stomach – add several drops in a Veggie Capsule
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue – just diffuse some of the oil or rub on temples in the morning
- Keep your breath fresh – put a drop of the oil in your mouth
- You can add several drops to your regular smoothie. You’ll get a nice refreshing and cooling twist